Friday, August 15, 2008

SHEEP WITHOUT A SHEPHERD

by Stan C. Countz

Father my ears can’t keep from hearing
Their cries of misery and pain
Seems we got what we were fearing
My vision keeps reappearing
The day is nearing
When the Son of Man shall reign

They’re like sheep without a shepherd
But we can’t just sleep forever
I never thought I’d ever see the day
We’d have to take down all the crosses
And we’d have to count all our losses
They want to take our faith away

Father my eyes can’t stop from crying
For this lost and dying world
I can’t seem to keep from trying
So keep my lips from lying
Guess it’s just no use denying
Your love of every boy, man and girl

Father my heart can’t help from feeling
We need to seek your kingdom first
We could reduce our theft and stealing
With less talk and a lot more kneeling
The angels are dancin’ on the ceiling
When we are walkin’ in the word

Don’t want us talkin’ to strangers
Who knows what dangers lay in wait
Don't want no "Lone Rangers"
Can’t sing “Away in a Manger”
Can't ask if they're gay or straight
They won’t even let our players pray.

No comments: